An awesome blog for delta deployment
Some weeks after implementing Continuous Integration as described in my previous post (Continuous integration for Salesforce), we started to see that the build was taking longer and longer. We compared different deployment logs and we saw that even do we were adding some new stuff, we were also deploying all the existing components as well including those that were not changed. So we started thinking and researching how to make our package.xml based on what we changed, and we came across this post: Dynamically Building Package.xml
Using this as a base we came with the following bash script:
Let’s start analyzing what this script is doing.
The following lines take the arguments from the command line and assigns to variables. -l is for the last commit and -p is the base commit to compare against.
Then we check if the folder where we are going to move what…
View original post 517 more words