Sharing is caring.
Sharing is complex, but necessarily so. It gives you incredibly fine-grained control over data access through it’s flexibility but requires quite a deep understanding to do it properly.
There are great articles out there that describe sharing in detail e.g.
I don’t want to recreate what’s in those articles, instead I’m providing a short, sharp cheat sheet of the major topics you need to understand. So without further ado…
Sharing Cheat Sheet
Sharing Metadata Records
- “Object[Share]” for standard objects
- “Object[__Share]” for custom objects
- Fields: access level, record ID, user or group ID
- Share records are not created for for OWDs, role hierchies or the “View All” or “Modify All” permissions
- For Accounts, Contacts, Cases and Opportunities only.
- A platform feature, cannot be disabled.
- Access to a parent account—If you have access to a child…
View original post 681 more words